Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LINQPad

I discovered this tool a long time ago, but did not find it that useful, since I already is able to write LINQ to SQL queries in Visual Studio. Even in the Express Editions of Visual Studio I am able to write them with intellisense, something you have to pay for when using LINQPad. But recently a colleague showed me some more features that made me buy it.


One of the feature I really like is the "C# program" mode, that creates a simple Main() constructor method that lets you start writing C# code right away. This allows me to extract code from my other project, isolate and test it before I put it back where it should be. This may be code that requires you to open 2-3 forms and set several settings before it is executed (like save logic). To avoid doing this every time you are trying to tweak the code and run it is a dream.

I would highly recommend you to try this tool if you program in VB or C#. Here is the link to the home page: http://www.linqpad.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment